How to decorate a bedroom with French style?
By Mathilde Vuillemenot | Last update on May 20, 2022
You're dreaming of a bedroom with the French charm? And you're not sure how to start with? This video is for you! I share the essentials, from the bed to the furniture and the decor, for a lovely bedroom with French style.
- Style your bed like a French. Traditionally, the bed is in iron or wood (like raw wood or painted in white patina). For the linens, keep it simple and go for pure white bed linens. The colored touch will come from the throws and pillows. Choose some in soft textiles (velvet, linen…) with French patterns: flowers, Toile de Jouy or gingham for example, and traditional French colors like French blue.
- 3 essential furniture for a French bedroom:
- A bench beneath your bed;
- A large armoire or a chest of drawers;
- A straw wooden chair or an armchair.
- Give a French style to your bedroom decor with these must-haves:
- Airy curtains, in white or beige linen.
- A chandelier in iron or glass. If you’re not that much into chandeliers, you can totally go for modern lights, it’s an excellent option to modernize the room.
- Vintage wall art: a classic in French bedrooms is to have a portrait or a painting above the bed.
- Wallpaper: if you have a small bedroom, avoid having wallpaper because it will 'shrink' the room. Otherwise, we recommend having wallpaper only on the wall behind the bed. With a floral design, for example, it will be a lovely option to frame your bed.
- A gilded mirror: you may know this is an essential, especially in Parisian bedrooms.
Et voilà! You see, decorating your bedroom with French style is not that complicated. It's time to transform your dream into reality! Do not hesitate to contact me, if you need more advice or inspiration.