It was important for me to have a sustainability program from the beginning of French Address journey. I believe that any new business needs to think about its environmental and social impact.
The heart of French Address is the development and prominence of the French know-hows in art of living items. All the products are made in France, they are made in quality materials and are durable pieces that could last a lifetime. Furthermore, I made a choice: I sell in limited editions, meaning no overproduction.
The packaging elements are also made in France and were selected for their particular attention to their environmental impact:
- The wrapping tissue is derived from sustainably managed forests and is recyclable and biodegradable
- The bubble wrap is made with more than 50% of recycled material and is biodegradable
- The chips are made in polystyrene 100% recycled and can be recycled… again
- French Address ribbon is made in organic cotton and is certified GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard)
- The cardboard boxes are derived from sustainably managed forests and can be recycled (obs: they are made in Belgium)
- We may also reuse wrappings received from our partners
And I plan more! At the end of each year, I will calculate the carbon balance due to air transport and compensate it.
I'm also working on creating the 1% fund for French craft: some French historical know-how slowly disappear, I'd like to help craftswomen and craftsmen who bring back to life ancestral techniques.