It was important for us to have a sustainability program from the beginning of our journey.
All our products are made in France, they use quality materials and are durable pieces that could last a lifetime. Also we made a choice: we sell with limited editions, meaning no overproduction.
The packaging elements are also made in France and were selected for their particular attention to their environmental impact:
- The wrapping tissue is derived from sustainably-managed forests and is recyclable and biodegradable
- The bubble wrap is made with more than 50% of recycled material and is biodegradable
- The chips are made in polystyrene 100% recycled and can be recycled... again
- French Address ribbon is made in organic cotton and is certified GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard)
- The cardboard boxes are derived from sustainably-managed forests and can be recycled (obs: they are made in Belgium)
- We may also reuse wrappings received from our partner-brands
And we plan more! At the end of each year, we will calculate our carbon balance due to air transport and compensate it.
We are also working on creating the 1% fund for French craft: some French historical know-how slowly disappear, we would like to help craftwomen and craftmen who bring back to life ancestral techniques.